RAF Silverstone is now used as Silverstone Circuit.
It straddles the Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire border and is named after
the nearby village of Silverstone. It is 10 miles (16 km) south west of Northampton,
11.1 miles (17.9 km) west of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and 13.9 miles (22.4
km) east of Banbury, Oxfordshire, England and was opened in 1943 during the
Second World War.
For more information go to